Lasers are an exciting and latest technology, widely used in medicine, kind to tissues, and excellent for healing. Treatment with the dental soft tissue diode lasers has been shown to have a significant long-term bactericidal effect in periodontal pockets. Scaling and root planing outcomes are enhanced when diode laser therapy is added to the dental armamentarium. The patient is typically more comfortable during and after treatment, and gingival healing is faster and more stable. The laser is now the essential “soft tissue handpiece” for the practice. In fact, there is a case for having a diode laser in each restorative and each hygiene treatment room. Restorative dentistry becomes easier, more predictable and less stressful. Laser therapy expands the clinical scope of practice to include new soft tissue procedures that keep patients in the office. The patient’s gingival health is improved in a minimally invasive, gentler manner.
Few areas where the diode lasers are used in dentistry are:
- Gingivectomy Haemostasis: Gingival Troughing for impressions.
- Operculectomy Gingival Hyperplasia: Excision and/or recontouring of gingival hyperplasia.
- Laser Assisted Periodontal Treatment
- Superior whitening solution.
- In addition to performing surgical procedures, ezlase is also an ideal teeth-whitening tool. A full-mouth, in-office whitening can be performed in only 20 minutes, faster than any other in-office whitening system.
- Ezlase is FDA cleared for temporary relief of minor pain. The exclusive beam-dispersing hand piece has several therapeutic applications, including providing temporary relief of minor muscle and joint pain and stiffness.
Note: Most procedures can be performed by EZlase using topical anesthetic only.